Talks and Tutorials¶
Talks and blog postings¶
- Pythonic testing, Igor Starikov (Russian, PyNsk, November 2016).
- pytest - Rapid Simple Testing, Florian Bruhin, Swiss Python Summit 2016.
- Improve your testing with Pytest and Mock, Gabe Hollombe, PyCon SG 2015.
- Introduction to pytest, Andreas Pelme, EuroPython 2014.
- Advanced Uses of py.test Fixtures, Floris Bruynooghe, EuroPython 2014.
- Why i use py.test and maybe you should too, Andy Todd, Pycon AU 2013
- 3-part blog series about pytest from @pydanny alias Daniel Greenfeld (January 2014)
- pytest: helps you write better Django apps, Andreas Pelme, DjangoCon Europe 2014.
- pytest fixtures: explicit, modular, scalable
- Testing Django Applications with pytest, Andreas Pelme, EuroPython 2013.
- Testes pythonics com py.test, Vinicius Belchior Assef Neto, Plone Conf 2013, Brazil.
- Introduction to py.test fixtures, FOSDEM 2013, Floris Bruynooghe.
- pytest feature and release highlights, Holger Krekel (GERMAN, October 2013)
- pytest introduction from Brian Okken (January 2013)
- pycon australia 2012 pytest talk from Brianna Laugher (video, slides, code)
- pycon 2012 US talk video from Holger Krekel
- monkey patching done right (blog post, consult monkeypatch plugin for up-to-date API)
- generating parametrized tests with fixtures.
- test generators and cached setup
- parametrizing tests, generalized (blog post)
- putting test-hooks into local or global plugins (blog post)
- simultaneously test your code on all platforms (blog entry)
Plugin specific examples: